Welcome to the Sun Smart training for Early Childhood Educators. We hope you get the information and inspiration you need to embrace sun safety! Glen Early
Find all of the available modules for your training here.
Let’s get started with a little inspiration from Tanya! In this module, Tanya describes the training and why it is so important for people like you: people who work with children every day, people who have the opportunity to change the world because of the important work that they do. We believe you have the power to protect children by making sun safety a priority.
The Sun's Rays: Ultraviolet Radiation
Why do we bother with sun safety at all? In this module you will learn about Ultraviolet Radiation (UVR) and the effect it has on your skin and eyes.
Sun Protection: Slip, Slap, Slop, Seek, Slide!
Learn how to protect yourself and the kids in your care from UVR exposure. In this module you will:
- Review each method of sun protection
- Learn how to use each method most effectively
- Learn how to role model and build the sun safe method into your regular routine
Learn how to engage children to learn about the sun safe practices
Be a Sun Smart Early Learning Centre
Knowing about sun safety is one thing, practicing sun safety on a daily basis is another. In this module you will learn about:
- How to make sun safety part of the daily routine
- Space and time considerations for outdoor activities
- How to engage families
- Tips for creating a policy